Tuesday, October 21, 2003

It's been a long time since I was able to post and I don't have a good exuse. It's been busy. I've been getting another wave of web design projects and with our church going through the 40 Days of Purpose I'm teaching 3 classes a week and leading a Home Fellowship Group. I'd like to make more posts but I guess the say is true "the shoe maker's kids go barefoot." Everyone elses websites come first.

I was reading an article and I found a good quote.

“People don’t go where the action is, they go where the love is.” – Jess
Moody

Think of this statement and then look at Jesus' ministry. People flooded to see Jesus and hear Him speak, and on the surface it looks like the croweds came to see the miricles and feel good after hearing Him speak. And I'm sure there was a lot of those type of people. But those that came, listened and then followed, stayed for a bigger reason. It was Jesus' love that drew them. In churches today we have a lot of people chasing the new biggest goose bump ride. And those churches that aren't experiencing that feel less somehow and that they can't reach the world without that. But what this world needs and wants, what will drew the true followers is Love. We recently had a new person join our church. When they explained why they stayed at our church after being to other churches was that they felt a warmth there that they didn't at others. God's love is what its all about. And no matter what size church we are in, we all have the same mission and the same tool to get the mission done; Love. Our mission is to give God's love out as freely as God gave it to us. We are to love, not WOW the lost of this world.

later...

0 comments: