Friday, October 07, 2005

Proud Moment

The girls are doing really good with their schooling, but the school year didn't start out like that. Becca was giving Kari a hard time with wanting to do her work. Finally after talking with Becca she told me that the reason was that "it" was boring. So Kari and I talked and looked at our options and tried a new aproach. First we didn't stick to the "official" lesson plan. Then we gave her more advanced work and used more hands on and verbal exercises and it's like we have a new child. She's doing great! In fact, last night we went out to eat and on her mat she drew a picture of a house and a pool in the back yard and then she drew a sign with an arrow with the sentance, "This way to pool." And then tonight Kari had to run into the store so the girls and I sat in the car. We had just left the library, so the girls were looking at their books and I asked Becca what she picked out. She had "Green Eggs and Ham". She then proceded to open the book and begin to read to me. The first 20 pages, before Kari got back, and I only had to help her with two words. I was so proud of her. Kimmi of course is quite sharp. She loves doing worksheets and is often upset when she runs out.

later...

0 comments: