Friday, July 15, 2005

Alone

It's been a long day. It started with getting up at 3am. Kari and the girls went to see Kari's family today and we had to be at the airport by 5am. And if waking us up waaay before God ever intended a mortal to awake wasn't enough, they delayed the flight Kari was on. Then they cancelled the fight, then rescheduled, then moved her and the girls to an entirely different airline. Five hours later they left for Michigan. I was worried about the girls flying, but they did great. They slept right through take off and loved the rest of the flight. When I heard from Kari earlier I could hear the girls playing; they couldn't even stop to say hi. I'm glad their having fun.

While Kari was having fun at the airport, I was at work, worrying about them and all the trouble they were having and I hated that I couldn't do anything about it. Well, that's not true. I could pray and I did, and it must have worked. They got a flight, they had seats together, it turned out to be a direct flight and they ended up arriving about the time they were originally supposed to get there. God does bring even bad circumstances around for good to those that love Him.

Anyways, after work I relaxed a bit knowing that they had made it safe, and sat and watched Sci Fi Friday night; in the dark, sound up loud and no interruptions (well Kari did call in the middle of one show. I forgive you dear). Now I'm writing this and going to go to bed. You know, I really thought that I was going to like being alone for awhile. I like my space. But there is something about the fact that I can't just join back with them by going into the next room that I really don't like. The silence is so loud. I get irritated sometimes by the girls constant chattering and squeaking, but with it not here, and I think the knowing that it won't be here for a while, is really....well...hold on I'm think of the right word....lonely. Now (Kari stop crying.) I'm still going to enjoy my time alone, I just realized how much I need my family. And I like that.

Father, watch over my child and Kari. Give them a great time away. Help the girls to sleep and Kari to get rest. Continue to bring healing and strengthening to Kari's body and may you alone receive the glory.

Good night girls, I love you...

1 comments:

You are the best!

Missing you....

Love,

Me