Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Dream Realized

Since I was a teen my heart was to see the Church resemble what we see happening in the book of Acts. To see the community of believers loving, caring and building up each other. Having been in the church for so long now, I have to be honest, I've begun doubting I'll see it in my time. However, this past few weeks I have realized that I'm seeing it happen in our community right now. We've had multiple churches working together in unity, we've seen people's needs being met and lifted up in prayer; we've seen healings and answers to prayer and I've experienced this first hand. Acts 2:44-45 says,

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods. They gave to anyone as he had need."
The week before the fourth of July our pastor did a fundraiser selling fireworks, and made a good bit of money. I was thinking that it was going to be great to have some extra money to upgrade some outdated electronics at the church, but Pastor Jay and the deacons had another idea. Before they even did the fundraiser they decided to use the funds to fix our van that had been dead since April. What a blessing to us, but more than that it is another sign that the Kingdom is coming ever closer and the community of believers are beginning to truly love, care and edify each other unselfishly.

0 comments: