Thursday, January 05, 2006

New Year, New Directions

Happy New year everyone! I've been trying to write since Saturday. This last weekend I had three days off. I really thought that I was going to get to rest, but it was crazy. We were either at someones house or we had someone here.

I'm excited for the up coming year. God has been doing some great things in my life lately and I believe He is moving me into some new directions. Personally, He has called me to wait on Him and because of this I have gone on sabatical from active ministry. This started at the end of November, but really it is only now that I feel like I'm now "in waiting". God had to take me through a stripping process. I held on to so much. Little by little God pulled and tugged till I was able to let go. I can not tell you how freeing this feels. I'm not sure what lies ahead, but I do know that God is in the driver seat and I'm in for the whole ride.

During this time of waiting, God has put it on my heart to study and dwell in specifically the Torah. I'm excited to see what God plans to teach and show me. And I will be reporting back to you what I'm learning.

Speaking of new directions, I'm taking my blog in new directions too. As you can see I'm already making physical changes to the site and I have a few more to do. I'm also refocusing the site on the disciple's life. I will be writing on issues that effect the disciples walk in the path of his Master. Not just on "spiritual" things, but on all aspects and areas of the walk; personal, family, career, community and church. It is my hope that this blog becomes a living journal of the disciples walk, and not just my walk but all of our walks. So, I want to encourage you to share your thoughts here too.

I will be posting more on this over the next week. I pray that God's face would shine upon you and may He give you peace this year.

later...

0 comments: