Saturday, January 14, 2006

Forever Power

I read this great article today. If you're a parent, especially if your a dad, you need to read this article.

Most of the memories I have of my dad are ones of being yelled at. Or when I was trying to impress him it would back fire and he'd act disappointed. I think that effects me still today. Sadly, I hear "that tone" coming from my mouth at times. The tone that says between the words, "you're worthless".

I'm committing to my girls that I will guard my words, and more importantly my tone, from this point forward. We as parents, as fathers, need to make sure our children know that they are the most important thing in our lives and that we will always love, always be there for them, and that we will never forsake them.

Bless your children today. They need it.

Read article here: www.christianitytoday.c...

0 comments: