Monday, May 05, 2003

This weekend I decided to checkout what P2P (peer to peer) was all about. So I signed up with Kazaa and played around with it. I must say, in a minute of playing around I was searching, finding and downloading music. But I can't help to feel bad about it. There is so much debate about file swapping out there and now with record companies trying to go after individual swapers, that's a bit scary. I don't know if I like it. I like the idea of getting the music, but I think I'd rather pay for it. Apple's new music service is very interesting. I think I'd use that type of service and I'd feel better about it. I really like using mp3s and having my computer setup as a jukebox. Well, I think until I can find a service that is legal, I'll just keep ripping my own CD's.

0 comments: